Committed to Maintaining Your Privacy
Lloyd Harrington is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. Our commitment is under-pined by our belief that one's privacy should be treated with the utmost sensitivity, not only for our candidates but also for our clients and our staff. While we must comply with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and the privacy provisions of all applicable legislation, maintaining your privacy is also the right thing to do.
We hope our efforts will create trust between all parties concerned resulting in a mutually beneficial lasting relationship.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about you, be it factual or not. It may range from very sensitive details such as your medical history to the everyday such as your name, address and telephone number. It could include the opinions of others about your work performance be it factual or not, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible job placements. A candidate's identity can be reasonably ascertained via personal information.
What is Sensitive Information?
Sensitive information is anything relating to you that you’d prefer not being in the public domain. This may include details such as your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinion
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs
- affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- preferences or practices
- criminal record
- health or disability (at any time)
- information on your health cover.
Sensitive information can only be disclosed with your consent. We do not actively source such information unless it is paramount to our business purposes or required by law. If on the rare occasion we do have to source such information we will do so in line with the National Privacy Principles and laws such as anti-discrimination legislation.
Collection of Information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Lloyd Harrington Australia for its own use, to aid Lloyd Harrington Australia in ascertaining suitability for placements.
Personal and sensitive information will generally be collected directly from you when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms, email us your resume or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration. We may collect personal and sensitive information when you contact us via telephone, mail, fax, e-mail, or through our website.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when we are provided with:
- any reference about you
- results of enquiries that we may make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies
- the results of any aptitude or psychometric tests
- the results of any medical test
- performance feedback
- a complaint from or about you in the workplace
- information about a workplace accident in which you are party to
- any information about any insurance investigation, court case, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are party to
- any additional information from you
Disclosure of Information
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed or used in connection with:
- other members of Lloyd Harrington Australia
- potential and actual employers and clients of Lloyd Harrington Australia who may wish to engage your services as a contractor or as temporary staff
- your actual or possible job placement
- assisting in your career performance or management
- payment for job completed on a casual assignment
- follow up with you to offer you a job or ascertain your availability for a job
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information. e.g. our insurers and Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers - e.g. our I.T. Contractors and database designers
- and anyone who has a legal entitlement to access such information
Withholding Personal and Sensitive Information
On the rare occasion, if we are not provided with the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to place you in employment.
Access and Correction
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 - Access and Correction), a candidate or contractor who requests information can gain access to the personal information we hold about them by making written application to their Lloyd Harrington Representative or Consultant.
The Privacy Amendment [Private Sector] Act 2000 provides that a company may require the applicant to meet the reasonable costs of providing this access. Our company's charge for this service is $50.00. This fee covers our costs to locate, access and copy your information.
Please note that our application for access to personal information is a lengthy process, as we are careful that the information being accessed is by the person the information belongs to.
If your personal information changes please contact us and we will endeavour to update and correct the information. We may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct. If you become aware that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. In order to do so please inform us in writing of the changes.
Storage and Security
We will store your personal information for a reasonable period of time necessary for us to provide services to you. At any time at your request in writing, we will destroy your personal information. We will do this for any lawful request.
We will keep your information in a secure environment. We attempt to keep our server secure and free from unauthorised access and use, by enforcing physical security at the premises in which the server is located, and by using industry standard technological measures to prevent unauthorised remote access to the server.
Unfortunately, no server on the Internet or any data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. Despite our best efforts to keep our server and transmissions to and from our server secure, we are unable to absolutely guarantee security and there will always be a risk of unauthorised access to your information. Although we will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information that we hold about you, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to such information.
Consent to Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information
All information sought and collected is required for our business purposes. You understand and accept each of the statements in this collection statement and voluntary consent to:
- Personal and sensitive information about me being collected as indicated above
- Personal and sensitive information about me being used as indicated above
- Personal and sensitive information about me being disclosed as indicated above